Prime Minister Narendra Modi on October 12, 2023 laid the foundation stone and dedicated to the nation multiple development projects worth about Rs 4200 crore in sectors including rural development, road, power, irrigation, drinking water, horticulture, education, health and disaster management, among others in Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand.
- During a function organized during this period, the Prime Minister addressed the people and completed several programs.
Some important facts of the Prime Minister's address:
- The Prime Minister performed puja and darshan at Parvati Kund.
- More than 4,200 km of roads, 250 bridges and 22 tunnels have been constructed in the border areas in the last 9 years.
- Jeevant Gram Yojana has transformed the last villages of the country into the first villages. Under this scheme, the aim is to bring back those people who have left these villages. The government wants to increase tourism in these villages.
- Under PM Kisan Samman Nidhi, farmers of Uttarakhand have so far received an amount of more than Rs 2200 crore.
- The Prime Minister also mentioned the Chardham Mega Project and all-weather road as well as the Rishikesh-Karnprayag Rail Project.
Major projects which were inaugurated and dedicated to the nation by the Prime Minister:
- 76 rural roads and 25 bridges constructed in rural areas under PMGSY;
- 15 buildings of BDO offices in 9 districts;
Three roads constructed under Central Road Fund i.e.
- Kausani Bageshwar Road,
- Dhari-Dauba-Girichhina Road and
- Upgradation of Nagla-Kichha Road;
- Two roads on National Highways i.e.
- Almora Petshal - Panuwanula - Danya (NH 309B) and
- Upgradation of Tanakpur – Chalthi (NH 125);
- Three projects related to drinking water i.e.
- 38 pumping drinking water schemes,
- 419 gravity based water supply schemes and
- Three tube well based water supply schemes;
Tharkot Artificial Lake in Pithoragarh;
- 132 KV Pithoragarh-Lohaghat (Champawat) Power Transmission Line;
- Uttarakhand includes 39 bridges and the Uttarakhand State Disaster Management Authority (USDMA) building built in Dehradun under the World Bank-funded Uttarakhand Disaster Recovery Project.
Major projects whose foundation stone was laid by the Prime Minister:
- Polyhouse Scheme: Scheme for construction of 21,398 poly-houses,
- Which will help in increasing the production of flowers and vegetables and improving their quality;
- This will benefit apple farming.
- Rs 1100 crore will be spent on these projects.
- A scheme for the cultivation of high density intensive apple orchards;
- Five projects for upgradation of National Highways (NH);
- Several steps have been taken for disaster preparedness and strengthening in the state i.e. construction of bridges,
- Upgradation of State Emergency Operation Center located in Dehradun,
- Steps to prevent landslides in Balinala and Nainital and
Improvement in health and other forest related infrastructure;
- Development of hostels and computer labs in 20 model degree colleges across the state;
- 100-bed sub-district hospital at Someshwar, Almora;
- 50-bed hospital block in Champawat;
Astroturf hockey field at Haldwani Stadium in Nainital;
Velodrome Stadium in Rudrapur;
- Manaskhand Mandir Mala Mission Scheme for the development of infrastructure at various temples including Jageshwar Dham (Almora), Haat Kalika (Pithoragarh) and Naina Devi (Nainital) temples.