Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar inaugurated India’s largest examination center ‘Bapu Parkisha Parisar’ (Bapu Examination Complex) in Patna on 23 August 2023 .Nitish Kumar also launched the second phase of the reforms roadmap for the Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) on the occasion. Nitish Kumar laid down the foundation stone of the Bapu Pariksha Parisar of the BSEB in August 2020.
Feature of the Bapu Pariksha Parisar
- The Bapu Pariksha Parisar is spread across five acres of land and it has been constructed at a cost of Rs 202 crore.
- At present over 16,600 candidates can write their papers at the complex at a time. The facility also has arrangements to conduct online examinations with a seating capacity of 3,500.
- The campus has two five-storeyed blocks at present. A third block is expected to be added in the coming months, which will increase the seating capacity to 20,000.
- The Bapu Pariksha Parisar has 44 large examination halls and 12 residential quarters for the officials posted here. Accommodation arrangements have also been made for 28 men and 28 women security personnel on the campus. The entire facility, including the examination halls, will be monitored with the help of CCTV cameras and a centralised control room.
- Apart from the secondary and higher secondary board examinations conducted by the BSEB, Bapu Pariksha Parisar will also be used to hold examinations conducted by the Bihar Public Service Commission, Bihar Staff Selection Commission, Bihar Technical Services Commission and other such bodies round the year.
The Province of Bihar and Odisha was separated from Bengal on 22 March 1912 . Later in 1935 the Bihar Province was separated from Odisha.
22 March is observed as Bihar day .
It is a landlocked state surrounded by Nepal in the north, West Bengal in the East, Uttar Pradesh in the west and Jharkhand in the south .
Administratively the state has been divided into 9 Division, 38 District and 8046 panchayats .
Governor of the state : Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar
Chief Minister : Nitish Kumar