Himachal Chief Minister K Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu formally launched Chief Minister Sukh Ashray Yojana to help orphans, specially-abled children, destitute women and older adults.
Mukhyamantri Sukh Ashray Yojana
Himachal Pradesh has announced the launch of Mukhyamantri Sukh Ashray Yojana on 16 February 2023.
- At the state level function organized at Ridge Ground in Shimla, the CM said that Himachal Pradesh has become the first state in the country to enact a law to help orphan children and other deprived sections.
- The Chief Minister said that under the scheme, about 2700 newly identified orphan children will also be given monthly financial assistance of Rs 4,000 each until they complete 27 years. These children are living with their relatives.
The Chief Minister has announced a new scheme for financial assistance to orphaned and disabled children, destitute women, and senior citizens.
- The Mukhyamantari Sukh Ashray Yojana 2023 will provide a monthly recurring account of Rs 1000 for children aged 0-14 and Rs 2500 for orphaned children and single women aged 14-18.
- The scheme also includes a yearly coaching and hostel fee of Rs 1 lakh for children over 18 years old and a monthly scholarship of Rs 4,000 for accommodation during coaching.
- Monthly picnics will also be organized to promote the overall development of the children.
- Under the Chief Minister Sukh Ashray Yojana, orphan children without a house will receive 3 Biswa land and financial assistance of Rs 3 lakh to build a house.
- The government will grant Rs 2 lakh for eligible orphan children's marriages, and those who want to start their startup will receive a lump sum of Rs 2 lakh.
- Additionally, approximately 2700 newly identified orphan children living with their relatives will receive Rs 4,000 monthly until they turn 27. The government has allocated Rs 101 crore for the scheme's operation.