The Union Cabinet has approved the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) of India and the Ministry of Economy, Finance and Industrial and Digital Sovereignty of France on cooperation in the field of Digital Technology.
Objective of the agreement between India and France:
- The purpose of this MOU is to promote closer cooperation and exchange of information related to digital technologies and to mutually support the goal of each partner to promote access to digital technologies in its country in accordance with the provisions of this MOU.
Benefits of the agreement between India and France:
- This agreement is expected to enhance bilateral cooperation between India and France in the field of digital technology in G2G (government-to-government) and B2B (business-to-business) ways. This MoU envisages better cooperation in promoting employment opportunities in the field of IT.
- Cooperation under this Agreement will commence from the date of signing by both the participants and will be implemented for five years.
Building a prosperous digital ecosystem between India and France:
- India and France are long-standing strategic partners in the Indo-European region.
- Both countries are committed to building a partnership and developing a thriving digital ecosystem that empowers their citizens and ensures their full participation in this digital century.
- Based on the India-France Roadmap on Cyber Security and Digital Technologies announced in 2019, the two countries are planning to develop a global partnership framework on advanced digital technologies, especially Artificial Intelligence, including in the areas of supercomputing, cloud computing, Artificial Intelligence and quantum technologies. There is an ambitious bilateral cooperation.
- Digital technology means the use of hardware and software that helps us in learning and teaching.
- Like digital technology is used in education, media, farming, business, health sectors. Computer, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Internet, audio-visual, games, social media, smartphones etc. are examples of digital technology.
- The use of digital technology makes the work easier, faster and easier for every person to understand and learn.