Former director general of police Neeraj Sinha has been appointed as the chairman of the Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission (JSSC) with effect from September 27.
The personnel, administrative reform and state language department issued the notification on Thursday. Sinha would work as the chairman till he attains the age of 65 years. Sinha replaces former IAS officer Sudhir Tripathi. The former DGP retired in February and would serve for four-and-a-half years.
About Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission(J.S.S.C.)
The Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission(J.S.S.C.) has been constituted by the Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission Act 2008 (Jharkhand Act 16, 2008).
- Initially The Office of the Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission was located at Dhurwa, Ranchi, till 01-08-2016. Since the accommodation fell short of the actual requirements of the Commission, its office was shifted to Kalinagar, Chaay Bagan, Namkum, Ranchi, Jharkhand –of which foundation stone was laid by the Hon’ble Chief Minister, Shri Hemant Soren and Later was inaugurated on 02.08.2016 by Hon’ble Chief Minister, Shri Raghuvar Das.
- The first Chairman of the Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission was Smt.Mridula Sinha,(IAS).
- Chairman should be an officer in service or retired not below the rank held in Super Time Scale of All India Services/Army, appointed by the State Government.
- The Commission may recommend for appointment to all the posts of Group C and Non-gazetted General/Technical/Non-Technical Service/Cadres of the State Government in Group B where there is provision of direct appointment partially or in full, and selection on which is not done by Jharkhand Public Service Commission.
- The recommendations of the Commission shall be valid for a period of one year with effect from the date of recommendation. Provided that the commission shall have the powers to revalidate its recommendation for next one year.
- The Commission may determine the process of conducting examinations for appointment to different posts and it will be able to conduct examinations wholly or partially from itself or by means of external sources.