Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Government of India is going to organize 'Divya Kala Mela', a unique event to showcase the products and craftsmanship of regular disabled entrepreneurs/artisans from across the country, in Varanasi from 15 to 24 September 2023.
The program will be inaugurated by Union Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment A. Narayanaswamy on 15 September 2023.
- The event will offer an exciting experience to the visitors as it will bring together vibrant products, handicrafts, handlooms, embroidery works and packaged foods from different parts of the country including Jammu & Kashmir, North Eastern States etc.
Initiative of Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities:
- This is a unique initiative of the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPWD) towards the economic empowerment of persons with disabilities.
- Divya Kala Mela provides a great platform for marketing and showcasing the products and skills of Persons with Disabilities (PWD).
- The Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities has made grand plans to promote this concept, as part of which 'Divya Kala Mela' is being organized across the country.
- This program will be organized in 12 cities of the country during the year 2023-2024.
Seventh Divya Kala Mela:
- Divya Kala Mela Varanasi is the seventh event in this series starting from 2022. Before this respectively -
- Delhi, December 2022,
- Mumbai, February 2023,
- Bhopal, March 2023,
- Guwahati, May 2023,
- Indore June 2023
- Divyakala Mela was organized in Jaipur 29 June-5 July 2023.
100 disabled artisans/artists will participate in the fair:
- In this fair, about 100 disabled artisans/artists and entrepreneurs from 20 States/Union Territories will showcase their products and skills.
The fair will feature the following wide range of products:
- Home decor and lifestyle,
- stationery and eco-friendly products,
- Packaged foods and organic products,
- toys and gifts,
- Personal accessory products like jewellery.
Flooding Vocal for Local:
- This will be an opportunity for everyone to 'Vocal for Local' and see and buy products made by Divyang artisans with determination.
- The 10-day long 'Divya Kala Mela' will be open from 10.00 am to 10.00 pm in Varanasi.
- During this period, cultural activities including performances by disabled artists and renowned professionals will continue in the fair.
- Visitors can also enjoy their favorite foods from different regions of the country at this event.