- Jun 22, 2021
- Blog English, RAS Exam,
RPSC RAS Eligibility Criteria 2021: Age Limit, Educational Qualification, Number Of Attempts And More
To sit for the RPSC RAS exam 2021, the aspirants should understand the RAS eligibility criteria. It is advised that each aspirant ensure that they qualify for the RPSC RAS eligibility 2021.
If a candidate qualifies for the examination but at a later stage it is found that they don’t meet the eligibility for the exam, they might face disqualification.
The RPSC sets the eligibility criteria for the RAS exam which involve three broad categories:
- Age limit
- Education qualification.
In this article, you will get all details regarding RPSC RAS eligibility 2021- including age limit, Nationality, and Education qualification, age relaxation, RAS age limit for govt. employees, RAS exam eligibility for ex-servicemen, etc.
RPSC RAS Eligibility Criteria 2021
The age limit for RAS exam 2021 as set by the RPSC is as follows:
Minimum Age – 21 years (as on 01/01/2020)
Maximum Age – 40 years (as on 01/01/2020)
The age limit for non-gazetted government employees is:
Minimum Age – 25 years (as on 01/01/2020)
Maximum Age – 45 years (as on 01/01/2020)
The age-limit relaxations for the reserved categories for the RPSC RAS exam 2021 have been mentioned in the following table:
|SC/ST/OBC/EWS Male Candidates (Rajasthan)||5 years|
|SC/ST/OBC/EWS Female Candidates (Rajasthan)||10 years|
|Female Candidates (General Category||5 years|
|Widow Candidates||No Upper Age Limit|
|Person With Disability – General Category||10 years|
|Person With Disability – OBC||13 years|
|Person With Disability – SC/ST||15 years|
RPSC RAS eligibility 2021 also include relaxation in the upper age limit for:
- Ex-Servicemen: 50 years
- Ex-Army: 50 years
- Ex-Prisoners: No upper age limit prescribed
- For persons serving in Rajasthan state administration in a substantive capacity: 40 years
Apart from this, RPSC provides upper age limit relaxation to appear in the RAS exam to some other categories as well. The details regarding this will be released soon on the RPSC RAS notification 2021.
Here are a few important points regarding the age limit criteria for the RPSC RAS exam 2021-
- The upper age limit relaxation for the RPSC RAS exam 2021 is non-cumulative in nature. Candidates, therefore, are not allowed to claim age limit relaxation in more than one category.
- RPSC has not mentioned any specific restriction on the number of attempts for the RAS exam in the eligibility criteria. Aspirants need to fulfill the post-specific eligibility and age limit criteria.
- All the candidates seeking age relaxations for the RAS exam must be Indian citizens.
- Candidates who are from states other than Rajasthan will be treated as General Category.
- In the case of an Ex- prisoner, who was not over-age before his conviction and was eligible for appointment under the rules, the upper age limit mentioned above shall be relaxed by a period equal to the term of imprisonment served.
- In the case of non-gazetted government employees, the candidate must have completed not less than five years of service whether officiating or substantive, on the last day of January 2021.
The candidate must be Indian by nationality to be eligible for the RPSC RAS Exam 2021.
Citizens of other countries and NRIs are do not qualify for the RPSC RAS eligibility 2021
It is to be noted that candidates belonging to states other than Rajasthan can also apply for the RPSC RAS Exam 2021.
Candidates who have Rajasthan domicile will be given priority during the selection process.
The aspirants need to have a graduate degree in any discipline or have an equivalent qualification recognized by the Government in consultation with the RPSC, from one of the following educational institutions:
- University which is incorporated by an Act of the Central Legislature; or
- University which is incorporated by an Act of the State Legislature; or
- Other Educational Institution established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as one under Section 3 of UGC Act, 1956
Note: Candidates studying in the final year of graduation course, are also eligible to apply for the RPSC RAS Prelims Exam. But they will have to submit proof of passing the graduation course to be eligible for the RPSC RAS Mains stage.
To know about RPSC RAS Notification, Exam Dates, Syllabus and other details click here.
Here is a one-stop solution for all aspirants appearing in the RPSC RAS Exam 2021- our RAS Pre Online Course.
For any other queries related to RPSC RAS Examination please drop a comment below.