The Union Tribal Affairs Minister Arjun Munda honoured Dr. Yashpal Singh, teacher of Eklavya Model Residential School (EMRS) with the National Teacher Award 2023 on 6 September 2023.
Presently Dr. Yashpal Singh is working as the Principal of Eklavya Model Residential School, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
- Dr. Yashpal Singh was selected for this award from across the country through a rigorous and transparent online three-stage process.
National Teacher Award to 75 most talented teachers:
- This year, a total of 75 most talented teachers from across the country have been selected for the National Teacher Award.
Dr. Yashpal Singh becomes National Award winner for the fourth time:
- On the occasion of this felicitation ceremony, Union Minister Munda said, “It is a proud moment for the Ministry of Tribal Affairs to see a teacher from EMRS as the National Award winner for the fourth time. The exemplary work done by him will inspire other school teachers and students to follow the path of excellence.”
Dr. Yashpal Singh's contribution to education:
- Dr. Yashpal Singh has demonstrated his commitment and hard work towards the teaching profession by making significant contributions in enhancing the status of EMRS Bhopal and taking the name of the school to new heights.
- Dr. Yashpal Singh's distinguished contributions include upgradation of school infrastructure, establishment of smart classrooms for EMRS students, tree plantation and initiation of sustainable environmental practices, zero drop-out rate and ensuring skill competency in EMRS.
Purpose of the Award:
- This award truly reflects the dedicated efforts of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs to facilitate tribal schools and bring students into the mainstream, thereby ensuring a bright and successful future.
- It also recognizes the efforts of all EMRS teachers and headmasters working collaboratively to raise the educational standards for tribal students.
Eklavya Model Residential School (EMRS):
- Eklavya Model Residential School is a scheme to make Model Residential School for Scheduled Tribes in the country. EMRS was launched in the year 1997-98.
- The Eklavya Model Residential School at Nashik was planned by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs to promote quality education in the surrounding tribal areas.
- CBSE curriculum is followed in EMRS.
- Eklavya Model Residential Schools are being developed in EMRS to provide quality education to tribal students with emphasis on not only academic education but all round development of tribal students.