Former bureaucrat Amit Khare has been given extension in service as an advisor to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, a Personnel Ministry order said. This is the second extension of service given to Amit Khare on this post.
The Cabinet Appointments Committee has approved the extension of Amit Khare's service beyond October 12, 2023.
- Amit Khare was appointed in October 2021 for two years. Khare, a 1985 batch Indian Administrative Service officer of the Jharkhand cadre, was given extension in service on September 30, 2021.
- Amit Khare has held the post of Secretary in the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting and Ministry of Education of the Central Government including Jharkhand/Bihar.
Amit Khare played an important role in the new education policy:
- Amit Khare, a 1985 batch IAS officer of Bihar/Jharkhand cadre, retired on 30 September 2021. The then Education Secretary Amit Khare has played a very important role in redesigning the country's National Education Policy 2020.
- As a Higher Education Secretary, Amit Khare also played an important role in implementing the ambitious programs of the current government. Many changes have been made in the new education policy to give a new shape to the education system of India.
Rajesh Gokhale also got two years extension in service:
- In another order, the Committee related to Cabinet appointments has also approved the decision to extend the service of Rajesh S Gokhale, Secretary, Department of Biotechnology, for two years from November 1, 2023.