On August 8, 2023, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot approved the proposal to set up Rajasthan Prakrit Bhasha and Sahitya Academy.
This academy will work for the publication of folk literature of Jainism and for the restoration and protection of the archaeological heritage and temples of the Jain community.
About the Academy
- The Academy will have 4 officers including President, Vice President, Privileged and Secretary. They will be appointed by the state government. Also, there will be an Ordinary Assembly of the Academy.
- In which 6 writers of Prakrit language nominated by the State Government, 3 representatives nominated by the State Government of prestigious organizations working for the promotion and development of Prakrit language and 7 persons associated with the General Body will be the members of the General Body of the Academy.
- Its headquarter will be in Jaipur or Rajasthan Prachya Vidya Pratishthan, Jodhpur.
- Through this, many works will be done for the protection, promotion and growth of Prakrit and Jain language literature.
- In which preparation of high level texts, manuscripts, literature fund, glossary and directory of texts, translation of Prakrit language into Indian languages, literature conferences, seminars, symposiums, poetry conferences, speech garlands, camps, exhibitions and publicity related Organizing all the activities.
- This academy will do necessary work to establish a library, reading room and study and discussion center, prepare plans for the upliftment of Prakrit language and literature and further the objectives of the academy.
- The administrative department of the Academy will be the Department of Art, Literature, Culture and Archeology and until the constitution/rules of the Academy are framed, the Chief Government Secretary or his representative (Joint Government Secretary/Deputy Government Secretary level officer) will work as a government member in the Academy. .