Union Minister of Education and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Dharmendra Pradhan, along with Chief Minister of Uttarakhand Pushkar Singh Dhami, inaugurated the Vidya Samiksha Kendra on 12 September 2023.
Also, both the leaders laid the foundation stone of 141 PM Shri Schools and Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Residential School in Dehradun, Uttarakhand on 12 September 2023.
- Addressing the gathering on this occasion, Union Minister Pradhan said that the technology based and modern data driven model of Vidya Samiksha Kendra will be an effective step towards improving the learning outcomes of 23.50 lakh school students of Uttarakhand.
- Union Minister Pradhan mentioned how Narendra Modi, as Chief Minister of Gujarat, had started the Vidya Samiksha Kendra in the state.
- After the introduction of NEP2020, it has been expanded to the entire country. He said that with the inauguration of the center in Uttarakhand, the state has started Vidya Samiksha Kendra on the lines of Gujarat education model.
- Union Minister Pradhan mentioned that apart from data on performance, attendance etc., the content of Diksha portal and data of District Institute of Education and Training (DIET), complete information on school education of the state will be available on the portal.
141 PM Sree School:
- Union Minister Pradhan also mentioned that the 141 PM Shri Schools in the state serve as a model for existing schools to achieve excellence.
Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Residential School for neglected children:
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Residential School will complete the education of neglected children.
- Union Minister Pradhan also congratulated the Chief Minister and Education Minister of Uttarakhand for launching the Research Scholarship in line with the National Research Foundation, in which teachers from the State will receive grants for their research projects.