Union Minister of State for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship and Electronics & Information Technology, Rajeev Chandrashekhar launched “Heartland Tripura”, a skill development initiative in collaboration with Deloitte and National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT) in Agartala on 19 October 2023.
Objectives of Heartland Tripura Project:
- This project will be started at Rabindra Satabarshiki Bhawan in Agartala. Its objective is to provide skill development and employment opportunities to graduate students in engineering and non-engineering disciplines.
‘Heartland Tripura’ to be piloted by NIELIT and Deloitte:
- The “Heartland Tripura” program is being implemented by Deloitte in collaboration with the National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT), Agartala in partnership with the Government of India and the Government of Tripura.
What will be the benefits of Heartland Tripura:
- The “Heartland Tripura” program will provide a unique set of skill development certification courses for Tripura through the National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology, Agartala.
- Selected professionals will also have the opportunity to be selected for internships, which will provide them with better job prospects after successfully completing the certification and internship requirements.
- The certification courses offered under the “Heartland Tripura” scheme cover a wide range of new age technical and business development skills such as cyber security, internal assessment and analytical knowledge as well as soft skills such as business communication and executive proximity.
National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT):
- NIELIT is an autonomous scientific society under the administrative control of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India.
- NIELIT is actively engaged in capacity building and skill development in the areas of Information Technology (IT); Electronics; communication technology; Hardware; Cyber Law; Cyber security; Geographic Information Systems (GIS); cloud computing; Electronics System Design and Manufacturing (ESDM); e-waste; Internet of Things; big Data; block chain; data analysis; E-Governance and related areas.
- It offers courses in both formal and non-formal sectors and is also one of the national examining bodies.