Commerce and Industry Minister, Piyush Goyal released a Compendium of PM Gati Shakti in New Delhi to mark the completion of two years of PM GatiShakti.
About Compendium of PM GatiShakti
- The Compendium consists of eight exemplary use cases that illustrate the extensive adoption and profound benefits of PM GatiShakti throughout the country.
- Over the past two years, PM GatiShakti has been pivotal in planning more than 7,000 kilometers of expressways, with digital surveys through GIS maps expediting field surveys.
- Under PM Gatishakti, Final Location Surveys for new railway lines have increased from 57 projects in the previous year to over 400 projects in 2022-23. It has resulted in the planning of thirteen thousand and five hundred kilometers of railway lines.
- PM GatiShakti represents a unique approach to infrastructure planning by harnessing data for informed decision-making. It offers complete visibility of connectivity points, mitigates investment risks, simplifies governance for multimillion-dollar projects, and promotes economic and social connectivity.
About PM Gati Shakti
On October 13th, 2021, the PM GatiShakti National Master Plan (PMGS-NMP) was launched. Its primary objective is to provide multimodal connectivity infrastructure to various economic zones.
- PM GatiShakti is a transformative approach towards achieving economic growth and sustainable development.
Driven by 7 engines:
- Mass Transport
- Logistics Infrastructure
- The seven engines of growth, namely Energy Transmission, IT Communication, Bulk Water & Sewerage, and Social Infrastructure, are interdependent and supported by each other. The approach is driven by Clean Energy and Sabka Prayas.
- The Central Government, state governments, and private sector are working together to create massive employment and entrepreneurial opportunities for the youth.
- The projects related to these seven engines in the "National Infrastructure Pipeline" will be aligned with the PM GatiShakti framework, ensuring a coordinated and efficient implementation.
- The Digital Master Planning tool, developed by BISAG-N (Bhaskaracharya National Institute for Space Applications and Geoinformatics), is an important plan that includes data on specific action plans of all Ministries/Departments.
- The plan is prepared on a dynamic Geographic Information System (GIS) platform.
- The GIS platform comprises 200+ GIS layers and a comprehensive database of ongoing and future projects of various Ministries. The tool will help facilitate the planning, designing, and execution of infrastructure projects with a common vision.
- BISAG-N has developed a map on open-source technologies, which will provide dynamic mapping of all infrastructure projects with real-time updates.
- The map will be securely hosted on MEGHRAJ, the cloud of the Government of India. The map will use satellite imagery from ISRO and base maps from Survey of India to provide critical information.
- Overall, this Digital Master Planning tool is an essential tool that will enable better planning and execution of infrastructure projects in India.