The second edition of Naval Commanders' Conference, 2023 began on 4th September in New Delhi.
The conference is the apex-level biannual event facilitating interaction between the Naval Commanders for deliberation and formulation of important policy decisions.
During the three-day Conference, being conducted in a Hybrid format, the senior leadership of the Indian Navy will review major operational, materiel, logistics, training, and administrative activities undertaken during the previous six months.
- The Conference will provide an opportunity for institutionalized interaction of Naval Commanders with senior Government officials to take ahead several inter-ministerial initiatives toward the development of a safe and secure maritime environment.
- The Commanders will also review the ongoing Naval projects with a focus on enhancing indigenisation through Make in India in consonance with the vision of achieving self-reliance by 2047.
- Shri Ajay Bhatt, Hon’ble Raksha Rajya Mantri (RRM) interacted with the Senior Naval Leadership during the Bi-annual Naval Commanders Conference.
- The Hon’ble RRM also released the Maritime Infrastructure Perspective Plan 2023-37, IRS Rules and Regulations Handbook, Family Logbook, and Electronic Service Document Project during the event.
- The first edition was conducted onboard INS Vikrant in March 2023.
- Admiral R Hari Kumar is the Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS).
- The first Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS) was Ram Dass Katari.