Prime Minister Narendra Modi distributed appointment letters to more than 51,000 newly recruited candidates at the 8th Rozgar Mela on 28 August 2023 through video conferencing. For this purpose, Rozgar Mela were organised at 45 places in the country.
Through organising this job fair, the Ministry of Home Affairs is recruiting personnel in various Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs).
- Fresh recruits selected from all over the country will join various police forces under the Ministry of Home Affairs for various posts like Constable (General Duty), Sub-Inspector (General Duty) and Non-General Duty Cadre.
- Speaking on the occasion, the Prime Minister congratulated the newly appointed candidates for their selection as 'Amrit Rakshaks' during Amrit Kaal. The Prime Minister has called the newly appointed personnel the 'Amrit Rakshaks' of the 'Amrit Kaal'.
5 lakh people were given employment in the last 10 months:
- On 22 October 2022, the Prime Minister started the first phase of the employment fair. At that time the target of the Prime Minister was to provide 10 lakh government jobs to the youth of the country by the end of 2023.
- The Prime Minister has distributed appointment letters to about 5 lakh youth in 8 job fairs in the last 10 months.
- On this occasion, the Prime Minister mentioned the development activities in different areas of the country; Some of the major ones are as follows:
India among the top three economies of the world:
- Referring to India's status as the fastest growing economy, Prime Minister Modi reiterated that India will be among the top three economies of the world during this decade.
Rs 10 lakh crore pharma industry by 2030
- The Prime Minister said that India's pharma industry is worth about Rs 4 lakh crore and it is estimated that by 2030 this industry will be about Rs 10 lakh crore.
Automobile and Auto Component Industry
- Highlighting the expansion of the automobile and auto component industry, the Prime Minister pointed out that both the industries are worth over Rs 12 lakh crore and are expected to grow further in the years to come.
Food Processing Industries:
- The Prime Minister also mentioned the food processing industry which was worth about Rs 26 lakh crore last year and is likely to grow to be worth Rs 35 lakh crore in the next three and a half years.
- The Prime Minister said that by 2030, the tourism sector will contribute more than Rs 20 lakh crore to the economy and generate an estimated 13-14 crore jobs.
India is the second largest mobile manufacturing country in the world:
- India has become the second largest mobile manufacturing country in the world and the demand for mobile phones has also increased in India. He credited the efforts of the government for the multi-fold increase in mobile manufacturing.
- Prime Minister Modi mentioned that the country is now focusing on other electronic components as well and expressed confidence that India will replicate the success of mobile manufacturing in IT and hardware manufacturing.
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana was launched 9 years ago on 28th August.
- Concluding his address, the Prime Minister emphasised on maintaining the learning approach of the paramilitary forces and highlighted the over 600 courses available on the iGOT Karmayogi portal.
Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF):
- The main forces under the Central Armed Police Forces are Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Border Security Force (BSF), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), Assam Rifles, Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) as well as the Delhi Police.