American magazine Global Finance has ranked Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Shaktikanta Das as the world's top central banker. He has been given an 'A+' rating in the report of Global Finance.
This is a proud moment for India, reflecting India's financial leadership on the global stage.
- On this occasion, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has congratulated Shaktikanta Das on getting the rating of the world's best banker.
- The PM said that the dedication and vision of Shaktikanta Das will continue to strengthen the development path of our country.
Shaktikanta gets A+ rating:
- Shaktikanta Das has topped the list of three central bank governors who have been given an A+ rating.
Best Bankers of Global Finance:
- According to the Global Finance Central Banker Report Card 2023, India's Shaktikanta Das, Thomas J. Jordan (Switzerland), Nguyen Thi Hong (Vietnam).
Global Finance Report:
- It is noteworthy that the Central Bankers Report Card, published annually by Global Finance since 1994, grades the central bank governors of the European Union, the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank, the Bank of Central African States and 101 major countries.
- The American magazine Global Finance produces its reports based on a scale of grades A to F for success in inflation control, economic growth targets, currency stability and interest rate management. "A" indicates excellent performance, while "F" indicates poor results.