Haryana Government has appointed actress Meeta Vashisth as the chairperson of the governing council established to oversee the implementation of the Haryana Film and Entertainment Policy (HFEP).
Earlier the post was held by Producer and Director Satish Kaushik who had died in March.
He was the first president of the governing council.
Actress Meeta Vashisth
- Actress Meeta Vashisth belongs from Panipat, Haryana.
- She has also served as visiting faculty at esteemed institutions such as the National School of Drama (NSD), National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), National Institute of Design (NID), Whistling Woods International (WWI), and held the position of Head of Department – Acting at the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII).
- Vashisht has worked in award-winning films such as “Drohkaal” (1994), “Dil Se..” (1998), “Ghulam” (1998) and “Taal” (1999) as well as popular television shows “Swabhimaan” (1994), “Hip Hip Hurray” (1998) and “Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki” (2005).
The primary functions of the governing council
The primary functions of the governing council will encompass sanctioning projects and releasing funds in accordance with the Haryana Film and Entertainment Policy.
- The council will also serve as an advisory body, offering guidance to the executive committee in the effective implementation of the policy’s provisions.
- Haryana Film and Entertainment Policy Came in 2018 and amended in 2021.
- It has provision of the Haryana Film Promotion Board which will consist of four Committees, namely (i) Governing Council, (ii) Executive Committee, (iii) Screening-cum-Evaluation Committee and (iv) Finance Committee comprising professionals and experts from the film industry.
- The Governing Council comprising government officers/professionals/experts will be an appropriate authority for sanctioning projects and for releasing funds under the Haryana Film & Entertainment Policy.
- The Governing Council will also act as an advisory body to guide the Executive Committee on implementation of provisions of the Haryana Film & Entertainment Policy.