Prime Minister Narendra Modi will take part in the event marking the end of the ‘Mera Mati Mera Desh Campaign on 31st October 2023. More than 20 thousand representatives from 7,000 blocks of 766 districts of 36 states and union territories will arrive with more than 8,000 Amrit Kalash in the program organized on 30 and 31 October at the conclusion of Amrit Kalash Yatra of 'Meri Maati Mera Desh' campaign. 31st October is the birth anniversary of India’s first deputy Prime Minister and Home Minister Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
During the programme, the Prime Minister will also launch the Mera Yuva Bharat (MY Bharat) platform for the country's youth. The event will be held on Kartavya Path (earlier called as Raj Path) in New Delhi will also see the launch of the 'Mera Yuva Bharat' (MY Bharat) platform for the youth of the country.
Participation of Chief Ministers of State
Chief Ministers of Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Goa, Manipur, Tripura, Nagaland, Odisha, Maharashtra will participate in the program. At the same time, governors fromelection bound states will also participate in the event .
What is the Meri Maati Mera Desh Campaign?
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched 'Meri Mati Mera Desh' campaign and Amrit Kalash Yatra on 30 July 2023.
- It was launched on Independence Day to honour the martyred brave hearts of the country.
- In the 103rd episode of his monthly Mann Ki Baat radio broadcast the Prime Minister Modi said as part of the Meri Mati Mera Desh campaign the government will install special inscriptions in lakhs of village panchayats of the country in memory of the martyred brave hearts.
- It culminates the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav celebration of India's 75th anniversary of independence.
- It was launched on—- 9 August 2023
- Slogan of the campaign: Mitti ko naman, Veero ka vandan.
Five-Point Agenda of Meri Mati Mera Desh Campaign
The Meri Mati Mera Desh Campaign has the following five points on its agenda.
- Shilaphalakam Installation: In honour of the brave warriors, memorial plaques known as shillaphalakams will be constructed in the village panchayats close to Amrit Sarovars.
- Pledge of Commitment: At the memorial locations, people will renew their pledge to the country and its beliefs.
- Vasudha Vandhan: As part of 'Vasudha Vandhan,' each village or gram panchayat would plant 75 native saplings to create an Amrit Vatika.
- Veeron Ka Vandan: Both the surviving and deceased families of freedom fighters will be acknowledged and given congratulations.
- National Flag Hoisting The National Anthem will be played as the National Flag is proudly raised, expressing patriotism and pride in the environment.
Partner Ministries of Meri Maati Mera Desh Campaign
- The Nodal Ministry for Meri Maati Mera Desh Campaign is the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
- A total of 13 Union ministers are participating in this campaign.
- On August 15, 2022, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the 'Pancha Prana' (five resolutions) to transform India into a developed nation over the next 25 years.
- These are as follows:
1. Move forward with the big resolve of a developed India
2. Erase all traces of slavery
3. Be proud of India's heritage
4. Strength of unity
5. Duties of citizens including Prime Minister and Chief Minister
- These five resolutions will be essential to a prosperous country when it celebrates 100 years of independence in 2047.
- The Prime Minister's vision of 'Vishwaguru Bharat' is also included in these five resolutions.
- An 'Amrit Vatika' was built at Amrit Sarovar in Bovapur village, close to Air Force Station Hindon.
- It was constructed by planting 75 indigenous plants in all of these locations in order to regreen Mother Earth.
- The Amrit Vatika garden, located in Delhi along the Kartavya Path, will be developed using soil that has been collected from different regions of the country as part of the programme.
Amrit Kalash Yatra
- The Amrit Kalash Yatra will be held across the country as part of the 'Meri Maati Mera Desh' campaign.
- This Amrit Kalash Yatra would bring soil from villages and other parts of the country to Delhi using 7,500 Kalash.
Mera Yuva Bharat
- The 'Mera Yuva Bharat' (MY Bharat) is being developed as an autonomous body to act as a one-stop "whole-of-government" platform for the youth of India.
- The goal of MY Bharat is to encourage youngsters to become community change agents and nation builders, and to equip them to serve as the 'Yuva Setu' between the government and the population.
About Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav (AKAM)
- Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav is a government of India programme to celebrate and commemorate 75 years of independence.
- Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav program concluded on the 77th Independence Day of India.
- The Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav began on March 12, 2021.
- Since then, over two lakh events have been held around the nation with enthusiastic public engagement.
Nodal Agency – Ministry of Culture