The Svamitva (Survey of Village Population and Mapping of Village Areas with Improved Technology) scheme of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj has bagged the National Award for e-Governance 2023.
SVAMITVA Scheme has been given the National Award for e-Governance 2023 primarily for the application of emerging technologies for providing citizen centric services.
- This is recognition of the excellent and exemplary work done by the ownership team.
- Through effective implementation, SVAMITVA Scheme has been successful in providing an integrated asset verification solution for rural India, improving the financial stability of people living in rural areas and transforming lives in rural India.
- 'SVAMITVA' refers to 'survey of village population and mapping with improved technology in village areas'.
- SVAMITVA Yojana, a centrally sponsored scheme was launched at the national level on April 24, 2021, on the occasion of National Panchayati Raj Day.
- The scheme was implemented in the first phase on an experimental basis from April 2020 to March 2021.
- Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Panchayati Raj.
- Survey of India is its technology implementing agency.
Purpose of Svamitva Scheme:
- Efficient rural planning by maintaining clear, effective and accurate land records
- Helping to reduce property disputes
- Providing property card for availing bank loan
- Establish a nationwide network of centres for mapping and local services
- Helping people to prepare quality plans for the development of Gram Panchayat
- Assisting in assessment of property tax in Gram Panchayats
- The demarcation of rural areas will be done with the help of drones.
- To provide an integrated asset verification solution for rural India.
- Demarcation of rural areas using drone survey technology.