National Institute of Fisheries Post Harvest Technology and Training (NIFPHATT) under the Department of Fisheries, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Government of India organized a workshop on “Matsya Sampada Jagriti Abhiyan” (MSJA) at Kochi on 23 October 2023.
Objective of the Workshop:
- The objective of this workshop organized by NIFPHATT is to disseminate information and knowledge about the achievements of nine years in the fisheries sector and the success stories of the Department of Fisheries and its institutions across the country.
- The main objective of this workshop is to promote fisheries schemes, showcase various fisheries activities, reach out to fishermen and coastal villages, create awareness about diverse activities in fisheries and showcase regional achievements and success stories.
Matsya Sampada Jagruti Abhiyan (MSJA):
- The Department of Fisheries launched “Matsya Sampada Jagruti Abhiyaan” (MSJA) on 15 September 2023, a public outreach program to reach out to fish farmers and 3477 coastal villages.
Inauguration of Workshop on MSJA:
- The workshop on “Matsya Sampada Jagrukta Abhiyan” (MSJA) was inaugurated by Chief Guest Dr. A. Gopalakrishnan, Director, ICAR-Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute (CMFRI).
- The program provided a platform to disseminate and showcase important information, best practices and latest advancements in fish farming and aquaculture techniques, modern and innovative fish farming technologies, fish processing and value addition to a large number of fish farmers and other fisheries stakeholders.