A two-day regional conference on “Good Governance” started in Jaipur, Rajasthan on 4 October 2023. The conference is being presided over by Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot and Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Dr Jitendra Singh.
Main objectives of the conference:
- To bring together national and state level public administration organizations on a single platform to share experiences in innovations in public administration, future transformation of public solutions to improve quality of life, good governance, e-governance, digital governance etc.
- The conference is a two-day event in which State representatives/DMs/DCs are invited to make presentations on PM award-winning initiatives/selected good governance practices of the States for wide dissemination.
- Representatives from all the states/union territories of India are participating in this conference.
Organization of Conference:
- This two-day conference is being organized by the Government of Rajasthan in collaboration with the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG).
- Prime Minister Award winners of 2022/National e-Governance Award winners from Rajasthan are attending this conference.
- The conference has organized 2 plenary sessions titled "Administrative Reforms and Effective Redressal of Public Grievances" and "Technology in Governance" besides a session on sharing the experiences of the award winners.
- In the first session of the regional conference on “Administrative Reforms and Effective Redressal of Public Grievances 2014-2023”, a presentation and a short film on the journey of the Prime Minister's Award Scheme for Excellence in Public Administration will be screened.
- During the inaugural session the Minister of State will also release the e-Journal MGMG on PM Award Winning Initiatives, 2022 (edition January-June, 2023). A film will be shown on PM Puraskar Initiative 2022.
- Vipin Kumar, Additional Secretary in the Ministry of Education, will chair the discussion of Session – IV on PM Awarded Initiative, 2022 – Innovation (State). During Session V, a presentation on “Promoting Healthy India and Holistic Development through Aspirational District Program Session” will be given.