Sift Kaur Samra won gold in the women's 50m Rifle 3-P individual event at the 19th Asian Games 2023 on 27 September 2023. On day 4 of the Hangzhou Asian Games, India won 8 medals -2 golds, 3 silvers and 3 bronze, taking the overall medal tally to 22.
The 19th Asian Games officially started on 23 September 2023 and will end on 8 October 2023.
Medal winners for India on day 4 of the Asian Games
- Manu Bhaker, Esha Singh and Rhythm Sangwan won the 4th gold medal for India in the women's 25m pistol team event.
- Sift Kaur Samra won the 5th gold medal for India in the women's 50m Rifle 3-P individual event.
- The Indian 50m rifle 3 positions women's team of Ashi Chouksey, Manini Kaushik, and Sift Kaur Samra won the silver medal.
- Ashi Chouksey won the bronze medal in the women's 50m rifle 3 positions.
- In the men's skeet team event, shooter Angad Vir Singh Bajwa, Gurjoat Singh Khangura and Anant Jeet Singh Naruka claimed the bronze medal.
- Vishnu Saravanan won the bronze medal in the men's dinghy ILCA7 in sailing.
- The last medal of the day also came in shooting. Anant Jeet Singh Naruka won a silver medal in the men's shotgun skeet final.
So far, the Indian shooting team has won 12 medals for India at the 19th Asian Games.
At the end of day 4, India has won 22 medals -5 gold, 7 silver and 10 bronze medals.
China leads the medal tally with 123 medals- 68 gold, 39 silver and 16 bronze.
South Korea is at the second spot with 59 medals- 15 gold, 18 silver and 25 bronze medals.
India has slipped to 7th position in the medals tally.