Dhan Singh Rawat, Uttarakhand's Minister of Health and Education, declared that the state's medical institutes would provide MBBS courses in Hindi. After Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand would be the second state in the country to launch such a project. According to Rawat, Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya has agreed to formally commence MBBS courses in Hindi in Uttarakhand's medical institutions by the end of August.
Bilingual MBBS courses in Uttarakhand
- Rawat claimed that University Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya has decided to formally commence the MBBS programme in Hindi at Uttarakhand medical institutions by the end of August.
- He said that the syllabus for the Hindi courses is being established by a state government-appointed committee of professional doctors who would examine the Madhya Pradesh model before approving it for the medical institutions in Uttarakhand.
- The minister stated that an expert panel had submitted the curriculum to the Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna University of Medical Education, which had completed all of the necessary procedures for its adoption.
- Students who finished their education in Hindi medium institutions would be relieved by the development.
Uttarakhand as a Second State to Offer
- Madhya Pradesh (MP) is the first state to release Hindi course material in October 2022.
- Uttarakhand will be the second state in the country to provide MBBS courses in Hindi.
- According to recent reports, the state government would publish textbooks in Hindi for students in the second, third, and fourth years, months after providing first-year MBBS courses in Hindi.
What is MBBS?
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery is the full version of MBBS. Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, or MBBS is a medical degree.
- It is a five-year undergraduate medical education programme.
- MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery which is derived from the Latin phrase.
- MBBS is an undergraduate course for those who want to pursue their ambition of becoming doctors.
- MBBS is a medical science professional degree.
- Formation: 9th November 2000 as the 27th State
- Chief minister: Pushkar Singh Dhami
- Governor: Gurmit Singh
- Capital: Dehradun
- Flower: Brahma Kamal