The Indian Space Association (ISPA) is organizing the 2nd edition of the Indian Space Conclave 2023 (ISC-2023) from October 9 to 11, 2023, at the Manekshaw Centre, New Delhi. On the first day of the event, an agreement in the space sector was signed between ISPA and the French Aerospace Industry Association (GIFAS).
- This MoU has been signed with the aim of enhancing understanding of space industry capabilities and exploring business opportunities between France and India.
- On this occasion, French Ambassador to India Thierry Matthau said, I am confident that this visit is the beginning of a new strategic partnership with India.
How will this agreement prove beneficial for both the countries?
- According to French Ambassador Thierry Matthau, together we can reach new heights. Can explore new boundaries and make the impossible possible. India set an excellent example by successfully launching ISRO's Chandrayaan III mission in August.
- It exemplifies the essence of cooperation and innovation between the trade-space union of the two countries. This collaboration will help promote sustainable development, foster innovation and advocate the adoption of new technologies in the India-France space industries.
- The three-day event is committed to sparking discussion, collaboration and key partnerships in the rapidly growing space sector.
- ISPA is also organizing an exhibition in which 24 space startups and institutions will participate.
What is the theme of Indian Space Conclave 2023?
- With the theme 'Bhumandal se Brahamand Tak' (from the Earth to the entire Universe) on the first day, the conference will report on the multi-sector use and impact of space capabilities.
- The second day, themed 'Space Communications and Preparing for Next Generation Challenges', will evaluate the capabilities and challenges.
- The theme of the third day is 'Space Ecosystem for Social Benefit and Global Diplomacy', which will include key sessions in collaboration with ISPA, and will discuss the development of space parks in India.
Growing space cooperation between India and France:
- Indo-French space cooperation has made significant achievements in recent years. Both countries are involved in India's ambitious human space flight initiative Gaganyaan.
- In this, France is contributing in areas such as space medicine and astronaut health as well as the supply of flight systems.
- France is working with ISRO to launch India's Venus Mission in 2025.
- ISRO is also working with its French counterpart (CNES) on the Trishna mission.
- This is a future high-resolution space-time mission in the thermal infrared (TIR), led by CNES and ISRO, with an agreement for joint launch in 2025.
- This is the High-Resolution Thermal Infrared Imaging Satellite for Natural Resource Assessment – a satellite that measures thermal infrared and infrared images twice a week.
- Trishna will be placed in a polar orbit at an altitude of 761 km, providing reconnaissance of 3 routes in 8 days with global coverage.
- The satellite is planned to be launched in early 2025, with a mission life of at least 5 to 7 years.
Indian Space Association (ISPA):
- In October 2021, the Prime Minister launched the Indian Space Association (ISPA) through video conferencing.
- ISPA will act as a single window and independent agency on matters related to space technology.
- ISPA has been launched with the aim of integrating the Indian space industry. ISPA will be represented by leading domestic and global corporations with advanced capabilities in space and satellite technologies.
- Director General: A.K. Bhatt