Indian Navy signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with M/s Uber to provide safe and affordable transportation facility for personal travel of Naval personnel and their families.
Also present on the occasion were Admiral R Hari Kumar, Chief of the Naval Staff, NWWA President Kala Hari Kumar and Abhinav Mittu, Senior Country Manager, Uber Business in India, South Asia and Egypt.
Main objectives of the MOU:
- The objective of this MoU is to provide reliable, convenient, safe and economical vehicle facility for personal travel and movement of Naval personnel and their families across the country.
Benefits to Indian Navy from MoU:
- M/s Uber will provide the following benefits to Indian Navy personnel and their families:
- Uber will create a personalized profile on the app.
- The Premier Executive cab category will provide protection from rising prices during peak office commuting hours.
- Availability of top-rated drivers.
- Zero cancellation fee for all Uber vehicles.
- 24x7 premium business support.
- This MoU is in line with CNS's vision of 'Happy Personnel' under 'Ship First' and is a first in the Armed Forces.
- It will serve to advance the Government of India's 'Digital India' vision of harnessing technology for transformational change.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairman: Admiral R Hari Kumar