Piyush Goyal, Union Minister of Textiles, Commerce & Industry, Consumer Affairs and Food & Public Distribution presided over the preview event of organizing ‘Bharat Tax 2024’ at Vanijya Bhawan, New Delhi on 21 October 2023. Bharat Texas 2024 will be organized in New Delhi in February 2024.
- Union Minister Piyush Goyal praised the industry bodies of the textile sector for taking the initiative in organizing the world's largest ever textile event 'Bharat Tex 2024'.
- Bharat Tex 2024 Expo is not just an event but a testament to India's commitment to becoming a global textile superpower.
Bharat Tex 2024 organized:
- The “Bharat Tex 2024” event is scheduled to be held from 26 to 29 February 2024 in New Delhi.
- This will be the largest textile event globally.
- Bharat Tex 2024 will be a comprehensive showcase of the entire textile industry value chain, from India's rich cultural heritage and textile traditions to the latest technological innovations.
- The mega event will feature knowledge sessions, seminars and conferences, CEO roundtables, B2B and G2G meetings with over 1,000 exhibitors and 30,000 visitors from 40 countries.
- Additionally, the event will include strategic investment announcements, product launches and collaborations that will redefine the textile industry globally.
Other aspects related to Bharat Tex 2024 programme:
- Live performances, cultural programs and fashion presentations will provide an exceptionally creative and engaging environment during the event.
- The event will provide insights into the areas of textiles, fashion, sustainability and style originating from the heart of India.
- Designer as well as brand exhibitions, fashion shows, sustainable workshops and expert talks will be other highlights of the event.
- Bharat Tex 2024 is being planned as an integrated and unique platform to showcase India's entire textile value chain as well as highlight the strengths of fashion, traditional crafts and sustainability initiatives.
Bharat TEX 2024 program embodies the 5F vision of India:-
- Bharat TEX 2024 Expo embodies India's 5F vision – Farm to Fiber to Factory to Fashion to Foreign – with the core spirit of innovation, collaboration and Make in India.
India makes products for the whole world:
- Presently India makes products not only for itself but for the whole world, in such a situation India is no longer afraid of global competition.
- The Union Minister called upon the industry to create their own brands which are recognized globally and also make India a brand.
The logo, website and video of the fair were also launched:
- Union Textiles Minister Goyal also launched the logo, website (https://kasturicotton.texprocil.org) and video of the fair in the program on 21 October 2023. He urged the industry to use the event to highlight India's global power, its sustainability initiatives as well as its strength across the value chain.
- There is a huge potential for growth of India's exports in the textile industry, hence Bharat Tex 2024 is going to be organized at the right time.
- The exhibition will be a unique platform to bring together leading players from the Indian and global textile sector besides highlighting the many existing and emerging opportunities, strong infrastructure, attractive incentives and other benefits available in India to global investors and buyers.
- It will also represent a unique platform for global investors and buyers to explore India's potential as a global manufacturer and consumer market.
- The event is a textile industry initiative that will be jointly organized by 11 textile-related Export Promotion Councils (EPCs) and other industry bodies.