Tata Steel Special Economic Zone Limited (TSSEZL) and diversified renewable energy company ACME Group have entered into an agreement to set up Odisha's first green hydrogen project at Gopalpur with an estimated investment of Rs 27,000 crore.
TSSEZL and ACME Group will jointly set up a Green Hydrogen and Green Ammonia project at Gopalpur Industrial Park (GIP) in Odisha.
East India's first green hydrogen project:
- With its commissioning, it has become the first green hydrogen project in Odisha and Eastern India. Also it will be the largest single location of green hydrogen and its derivatives manufacturing facility in the country.
Acquisition of 343 acres of land:
- Under the agreement, ACME Clean Energy Pvt Ltd will acquire 343 acres of land in Gopalpur Industrial Park of Tata Steel Special Economic Zone Ltd TSSEZL, located in Ganjam district of Odisha, to set up a green hydrogen and its derivatives unit.
- The total investment by ACME Group in this project is estimated to be Rs 27,000 crore, which will be invested in different phases.
- Green ammonia produced at this facility will be exported to markets in the west and east from the existing Gopalpur port facility, which is near the project site.
- The Utility Corridor between GIP and Gopalpur Port provides a dedicated corridor for smooth logistics and pipeline connectivity.
- With plug-and-play infrastructure, multi-modal logistics connectivity, ready environment clearance and clear land title, GIP, in a very short span of time since its inception, is fast emerging as India's preferred investment destination.
- TSSEZL, a 100 percent subsidiary of Tata Steel, is developing its flagship industrial park, Gopalpur Industrial Park (GIP) in Ganjam district of Odisha. The company aims to develop GIP as an emerging manufacturing hub for both domestic and export-oriented industries.
- This project will enable Odisha to offer Make in India Green Hydrogen and Green Ammonia to the domestic and international markets at a competitive price.
Five different industrial units are already functioning in GIP:
- There are already five different industrial units operating in GIP which include Tata Steel Mining Limited, Tata Consumer Products Limited, Anadrone Systems Private Limited, East Coast Overseas Private Limited and Odimate Resources Private Limited.
- Also, a technical ammonium nitrate complex by Deepak Fertilisers and Petrochemicals Corporation Limited and an L-CNG conversion unit by GAIL Gas Limited are being set up in the park.