- Aug 02, 2021
- Blog English, SSC Exam,
SSC Constable GD has released 25271 posts which is a golden opportunity for thousands of students. We have shared important information about this recruitment like notification, syllabus, total posts in the previous blog. Apart from the question paper format, we will discuss the exam scheme in today’s article.
Computer-Based Examination: The exam will be a computer-based test conducted online at the prescribed exam centers. The paper in this exam will be of objective type, and 100 questions will be asked. Each question comprises one mark. The format of this exam will be as follows:
|Part||Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Part – A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25|
|Part – B||General Knowledge & General Awareness||25||25||90 minutes|
|Part – C||Elementary Mathematics||25||25|
|Part – D||English/ Hindi||25||25|
- The computer-based test will be bilingual (In English & Hindi languages only).
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 mark for each wrong answer.
- There will be no provision for re-examination/re-evaluation.
- Walk-through Video/Mock Test on Computer Based Test is available in the ‘Candidates Corner’ section on the website of the Commission for practice.
Physical Efficiency Test (PET) / Physical Standard Test (PST):
Based on the performance in Computer Based Test, candidates will be shortlisted for the Physical Efficiency Test (PET) / Physical Standard Test (PST) by the Commission. CAPFs will conduct PET and PST at various centers. Detailed scrutiny of the eligibility/documents of the candidates will be done at the time of DME. The eligibility of the candidates for any relaxation, i.e., age, height, and chest measurement, will be examined by the CAPF/PET/PST Boards after qualifying the PET (Race) before PST.
Physical Efficiency Test (PET): Candidates must complete the race within the following time limit:
|Race||5 km in 24 minutes.||1.6 km in 8 ½ minutes||For candidates other than belonging to Ladakh Region|
|1.6 km in 6 ½ minutes||800 meters in 4 minutes||For candidates of Ladakh Region.|
Physical Standard Test (PST):
Height: Male: 170 cms
Female: 157 cms
Height relaxation is given to specific categories of candidates.
Chest: Male candidates should have the following chest standards:
Un-expanded: 80 cms
Minimum expansion: 5 cms
Relaxation is given to specific categories of candidates.
Weight: Proportionate to height and age as per medical standards.
Medical Examination: Candidates who qualify PET/PST will be shortlisted for the Detailed Medical Examination (DME).
At the time of DME, the following documents will be verified –
- Matriculation / Secondary Examination Certificate (For proof of age, name, & educational qualification)
- Domicile Certificate / Permanent Resident Certificate (PRC) – issued by the Competent Authority.
- NCC certificate (if applicable)
- Certificate from serving Defence personnel in the prescribed format At Annexure-III of the notice.
- Undertaking from Ex-Servicemen candidates in the prescribed format at Annexure-IV.
- Caste certificate (if applicable) (in the prescribed format at Annexure-V, Annexure-VI, and Annexure-VII for candidates seeking reservation/age relaxation notice)
- Certificate from candidates seeking relaxation in height/chest measurement prescribed at Annexure-VIII of the notice.
- Certificate from District Collector / District Magistrate for dependent applicants of riot victims.
- Birth/Identity Certificate by West Pakistani Refugee in the prescribed format at Annexure-XII.
The Medical Board will medically examine the selected candidates constituted by the CAPFs to assess their physical and medical fitness.
Qualified candidates will be issued admission certificates for the next stage of the examination. Admission certificates for all the stages of the examination will be issued through online mode only.
Apart from the admission certificate, it is mandatory to carry two recent passport size color photographs, original valid photo-id proof with the date of birth printed on the admission certificate, such as –
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID Card
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- ID card issued by university/college/school
- Employer ID Card (Govt./PSU)
- Ex-Servicemen Discharge Book issued by Ministry of Defence
- Any other photo identity card/proof issued by the Central/State Government.
Applications with unclear photographs/signatures will be rejected.
How to prepare?
This exam of SSC Constable GD will be completed in 3 phases. First, a written test followed by a physical efficiency test, and then there will be a medical test.
To succeed in this, the student will have to prepare, keeping the above points in mind. The written examination is the first stage of this recruitment; after passing the examination, the student will be selected for the further recruitment stage.
Do you know how the SSC Constable (GD) Online Course of Utkarsh will help you get complete guidance?
This course is convenient for the students in the following ways –
- Through this online course, one can access the reading material and videos anytime and anywhere.
- Recorded class videos by experienced faculty.
- Handwritten Panel PDF’s
- Smart E- Notes
- Quizzes & Tests
The subject experts have prepared this course which will enable you to reach your goal.